Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Great Lapu-Lapu Run 2 - The Event

The 2010 edition of the Great Run was as equally successful as the first one.  The crowd this time around was bigger and well-attended by some prominent names in the running community .  Well, I did not catch The Bull Runner (Ms. Jaymie Pizarro) for a photo opp but I did grab the Iron Man himself (Mr. Noy Jopson), who did not only oblige for a souvenir shot but also offered me a bottle of water.  Double-treat, huh!

(L-R: Manny, Cheryl, Leonette, Amy, Jinky, Dahyan, Tina, Alex, Frex)

(Posing at the actual site of Kadaugan sa Mactan)

The event marked a lot of firsts. It's the first I was with "my crowd". By that I meant people whom I interact with on a regular basis and fortunately today, we all share a common passion.  Colleagues and friends THEN but Co-Runners NOW.  And most of them were first-time runners (applause!).  You're off to a good start, guys.  Cheryl, Dahyan, Alex, Frex, Tina, Leonette, Amy and Jinky - the Yellow Jersey salutes every one of you!

(The Great Lapu-Lapu and Liberty Shrines)

It's also my first time to run outside the city, a departure from the usual Salinas-Gorordo-Escario stretch.  The Quezon Highway route in Mactan was a welcome change.  The surface was the same good asphalt which we are all accustomed to but most importantly, the feeling upon crossing the finish line was still amazing!  And by the way, I beat my personal record in the 10K distance, yoohoo!

(with Noy Jopson, the 1st Filipino Iron Man)

We had a great time and so did the 4,000 others.  See you at the Great Lapu-Lapu Run 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment