Tuesday, June 15, 2010

CEBPAC...PAK!

When I wrote this entry, I was sitting on my butt on the tidy floors of NAIA T3, still awaiting boarding announcement. I checked in at the airline counter at 4:00pm for the 5:45pm flight. It was a quarter 'til 7, but here I was, still playing the Richard Marx game (Right Here Waiting). I was resigned to the fact that there's nothing I could do. Pak!   
Earlier in the day, I was in between chores - attended a meeting in Alabang, rounded out a few essentials in Makati, scoured Market! Market! for a car magazine and back to our home in Taguig for the last minute packing.  Everything was well timed, even my quick tour to the shower.  If it were my PR I was chasing, I would have a done an excellent job.  Pak! 

Hit the road early.  It just rained so weather's nice.  Traffic was not bad either.  The Nichols interchange, unlike in yester-years, no longer spells hassles for motorists.  Signs of the times, di ba Ate Glo?  I had anticipated the trip to T3  to be smooth.  It was.  But as the saying goes, always expect the unexpected, especially when you're in the airport.   Pak!

So I grabbed my favorite hot choco drink (pinoy brands are sometimes better than the fancy expensive lattes) and walked towards Gate 120.  I was a few steps from reaching the gate's designated steel chairs when the marvelous news came "Flight 5J-571 bound for Cebu will be delayed. Your estimated time of departure will be at 8PM". Pak! 

In the previous eight flights I took with the same airline, three were delayed so that's a batting average of 62.5%. Pak! And their ad says "it's on time 99% of the time". Paaak! 

If only airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, I would wish... 

5 comments:

  1. waaaaaaaaaa... oh well... what do you expect?

    one word ra ako bai: PAK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the reason why fly PAL. I don't care if it's a bit expensive, as long as i am treated like royalty, ok na!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree! with promo fares, sometimes you get shortchanged. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. been there, done that bai. and worse pa gani :)

    ReplyDelete