Monday, July 19, 2010

My Left Foot


It's not about the Oscar-winning film. It's not Daniel Day Lewis'. It's the least likely subject I would write  about. Because it's my foot. Make that my left toe.  To be very specific, my toe nail. I just got back from my usual night run, a work-out terminated by the sudden showers.  While putting off my shoe which got soaked again in the rain, my attention was drawn to my left toe.  There it was, black and bruised.  A few seconds later, I was aiming my camera at it.

It's a souvenir from my first 15K - Kapamilya Run held last June 13. I had to endure the pain for about a week or two.  The good news is it didn't keep me from doing all my other activities including running. It's the same toe nail that made me stay away from nail salons since late 2003 and why Do-It-Yourself is my nail-cleaning of choice until now.
 
I used to be conscious about it while on slippers. But I realized I obtained it from a truly gratifying act so that's  reason enough to be proud. The cause was positive and I should see it from that perspective. Like some physical scars, it could easily pass for a reminder, something that has a good story to tell.  While other runners grumble about injuries and misfortunes, I feel blessed blogging about a toe nail.

Have a safe running, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. funny but true. ayaw palabi.

    be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, katz! naaliw lang ako kagabi so i decided to create an entry about it, why not? :-)

    ReplyDelete