Friday, July 2, 2010

Planet Sports Run: The Run I Almost Missed



June 27. I had trouble dragging myself from the bed. Got up the same time the previous day for another race. I'm not used to doing two consecutive runs especially on a weekend.  Run on a Saturday, take a day-off on a Sunday or vice versa.  That's my routine.  I wasn't pumped about the Planet Sports Run.  I just felt lazy. I signed up a few days before registration closes. I thought that if I missed it, it wouldn't matter one bit. 


But guilt started to creep up.  You see, shortly after I began this running journey, some friends from work took encouragement from it. It must have made a positive impact on them and later on, we are side-by-side at starting points of many events. The day prior, one of them said I had to be there for them. Ouch! TTE -touch the emotion. That's my cue.  So I sprinted to the shower, put my gear on and headed off to the Ayala Terraces.


It was my 13th race, bib number 1377. I thought a double 13 could spring surprises.  I was right.  The whole 10.15K race course I bravely traversed with no single stop.  That's a first, whew!  I have always disliked the Escario uphill but on this day, it didn't bother me.  As an offshoot, clocked 5 minutes earlier than my previous mark, woohoo! Let me be very clear about this though, I/we run for the ultimate joy of it.  The PRs and the records are just "nice to haves".     


Finally, there's no better way to cap the event than striking a pose or flashing those big grins in front of the camera. In any case, it's always the most awaited part.  And before I forget, the last photo was courtesy of fellow blogger Katol Villagante.   He wasn't with Nikia that day but had Mikaela for company.  Katol V. of  A Shoe Story and Ling A. of  Any Given Sunday, graciously accorded me a respectable spot in their previous posts so let me return the favor by acknowledging you both here. Next time, let's have a photo three-gether! How's that?

See you 07.10.10.

2 comments:

  1. yeah and why not? my nest race will be the Energizer Run! I hope to see you guys there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alrighty! see you 07.10.10 then...with the glowing shirts and headlights, we'd all look like huge fireflies ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete