Thursday, March 18, 2010

10 on 10th

It’s the tenth post, yoohoo! There’s a long road ahead but I suppose I got off on the right foot. And in celebration of this milestone, I’m counting down 10 good things about running according to my own experience. Trust me, they’re – All Good, No Bad.

1. First, it is easy to perform. It doesn’t require practice or equipment. It’s for everybody.

2. Stress-buster – it gets my mind off the day’s problems. How many times did an awful episode at work or a relationship wear you down? Lost count already? Save a bad day and go to bed with a smile. The remedy is simple – hit the road and sweat it out!

3. It lightens up my purse (not that I have a lot to carry around). I will say it again, running is not costly. It’s a good alternative to being elsewhere, splurging unnecessarily. But it’s not as though I’m turning my back completely on my other hobbies (read: moderation).

4. Feel a few pounds lighter with a regular and consistent training. Of course, some pills or miracle tablets could come in handy but if you want to lose weight the safe way, always go with the natural. Couple that with good diet, you’re good to go. And save you some bucks, too.

5. Suffice it to say here the generally known health benefits – anti-aging, prevention of stroke, diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol level and improved blood clotting, immune system and cardiovascular stamina.

6. Imagine those clothes from yester-years that now fit too snugly on you? You just might want to grab your old shape back. I have some in my cabinet. These are the motivators. Running is the driver.

7. Meet friends – old and new. The other week, I ran into an old friend from the tennis club. There’s also a bunch of frequent joggers whom I exchange hi’s and hello’s with. A smile does wonders, really. Maybe later, I will bump into someone I borrowed money from or vice versa. It’s highly likely.

8. It’s one of the many good reasons to visit the spa. Reward yourself for doing your homework. Relax those tensed muscles and calm your mind with a soothing massage. Go ahead, pamper yourself a little.

9. Stories of other people continue to inspire me. As a bonus, I am able to inspire a few souls, too. It’s a classic case of getting some and giving something back.

10. And finally, it gives me something to blog about!

So, there goes my 10 on the 10th. Until the next 10, 50, 100 ish!

(photo source: 1-www.thedailygreen.com, 2-www.itimeclinic.co.uk, 3-www.charlottechiro.com)

1 comment:

  1. I agree and I am one of those who really loves running, the only challenge now is to wake up as early as 3am on a Sunday to get to the START by 4am. I feel good every run and improved my 10K runtime every funrun I join. Keep it up, run and reach your goal;-)

    Louise

    ReplyDelete