Monday, March 8, 2010

Is Black Really Slow?

What’s in a color? Unless the subject is astrology or zodiac calendar, shades shouldn’t be too big a deal. For me, color is for poetry and metaphors and the hopeless romantics. This blog even goes by one color in particular but it’s all just that – a color.

My favorite fashion quote about the color black is “it makes you slimmer”. Many will agree with me on this, I’m sure. But on the theory that it affects motion, I guess all the heads will be shaking in disapproval. Nuh uh.

Let’s paint a simple correlation. On Thursday night, I was way past my 40-minute session but had yet to complete my run-a-lot-walk-a-little routine. I thought I was slow. It suddenly dawned on me a comment made on Carlos Moya’s movements in one of his tennis matches – that “black is slow”. He’s all black that night and he lost. Blame it on black (lol!).

So, is black really slow? Whatdyathink? The temperature is hitting the 30s lately. Maybe it’s the weather.

Or maybe, just maybe, it’s just me…

(photo source: news.bbc.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment