Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Pet Peeves - Abellana Edition

I do my nightly mini-marathons 3-4 times a week at the Cebu City Sports Complex Track Oval or commonly known here as Abellana. In each occasion, I have to endure the sight of people who make the trip to the tracks a very convenient excuse to do annoying stuffs. Okay, okay, kanya-kanyang trip lang yan, I know. But sometimes, it blatantly thwarts the whole idea of why they are there in the first place. Below, I compiled a list of my pet peeves.

Pet Peeve # 1 – If you are trying to lose weight, the 30-minute drill (jog or walk) will help burn those excess pounds. It’s a process for what you already have (the fats, I mean). That said, bad food is a big NO! How to avoid the temptation? Paglabas mo ng gate ng complex, make a quick right turn, walk fast and never look back.

Pet Peeve # 2 – Texting while jogging, c’mon! Can we at least give this addiction a rest even for a short while? Sabihan ang mga jowa nyo in advance na magpapa-sexy muna kayo.

Pet Peeve # 3 – The secondary stands (the green section in the photo) are used for intervals or breaks from exercise routines. It can also be a station for a waiting companion. BUT never a meeting place for hook-ups and definitely not an appropriate place for your PDAs. Nakakainggit kayo!

Pet Peeve # 4 – “No pain, no gain” is still the perfect battlecry for those who desire better results. Get off those steel handrails, quit those prolonged warm-ups and give those muscles a training. Run! Try nyo magpapawis, sarap!

Pet Peeve # 5 – Reminders are not there for nothing. They encourage order. The second rule says walkers should take the outer lanes. But geez, they’re everywhere! Ang titigas ng ulo!

Okay, forgive me for ranting. My only quibble is the lack of discipline. Kung sana lahat nasa ayos, who knows, the work-out just might work out a little better for everyone. Capiche?

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Left! (I'm just making gaya he he)

    Well, it's just the same with what i always complain about... "Church!"

    Why do we go hear mass or fellowship? We want to spend time with our love ones together in worship and be obedient followers of God. But what do i see? You must know what i mean. I see teenagers outside, with ipods and celphones. I see lovebirds sitting next to each other. I see women dressed inappropriately causing the men to commit sin even more than to repent and go home with a clean conscience. I see wives chatting and staring at their neighbor who wears jeans to church or worship coz she is too fat and she can't fit into casual dresses. I also see kids running around like crazy!

    Ok. Now, i may sound OC, but just as you feel, i feel the same way too. Need i say more? Do what is appropriate depending on where you are. Don't try to distract other people just because you like doing stuff as a routine for you, wherever you are! Can't it wait til you get home? Or can't you atleast be civil enough to give respect to other people's rights? I don't know my friend, but i think, we, the ones who understand, are really just gonna have to take it. And teach the younger ones not to do these things that we find UNCALLED FOR, UNNECESSARY, IRRELEVANT and ANNOYING. Tayo na lang ang umunawa sa madaling salita.

    I just thought i could share a li'l something. I love the way you write.
    Please don't stop.

    SMile! It makes us happy!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosebud,

    Thanks for coming back. I'm glad we're on the same side of the fence. I still believe that people are good, by nature. It's the exposure to worldliness that keeps us off-track. And this is why a great deal of understanding and patience is needed from people like us. :-)

    You know, you should start writing your own blog, too. I'm sure there's plenty to learn from an insightful person like you are. Besides, it's a good stress-buster, better than the pill. ;-)

    Ingat lagi!

    ReplyDelete